There were two reasons to go home...One we came out to see our sweet niece Holly get baptized and the other to visit my beautiful grandmother. I felt so strong to go home and visit... I couldn't really tell you why but, I did. It was so good to see my grandma yet, super hard. She didn't look like herself. She was a shell. Though, I had a glimpse of her old self for a split second, I knew she knew me. She put her hand on my cheek with tears going down her face. I cried. I knew this would be the last goodbye for us. I reflected of her HAPPY sunshiny soul. Her laughter, her kindness and love. I love her. I hate this disease. Alzheimer's. It is so cruel.
Such a tender moment. My grandma and grandpa looking into each other's eyes. My grandpa kept saying "she's my sweetheart for eternity". We were trying to capture a picture. This is the best we could do.
We decorated grandma's room with hearts for Valentine's Day.
Always good to see my dear friends from high school. Jules and Nic. It is a blessing to have friends like this. You don't have to talk to each other everyday or month or sometimes years...and you can pick up where you left off. I love these ladies. They were my heart and strength of my youth. I'm glad I got to go to lunch with them. We are missing you Tenae.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment