Awe...I love this picture! It says it all. The children are free...wondering around in the mountains. Using sticks as their bow and arrows, guns, making forts, riding utv's or motorcycle's around expolring and playing in dirt. This is what I use to do when I was a little girl. My grandma would make sandwich's and bake a whole bunch of cookies and take my sisters and I and my cousins up to play in the Blue Mountains. We played for hours while she read a book. The very same place...where our children are playing.
Z...running free
Darrin, Meryn and Ben! Our BIG 1st graders.
Alayda and Azure showing us the entrance into this MASSIVE fort we made! It was so much fun! We gathered sticks for hours to make this fort. The children loved it and so did I! :)
You can see the fort walls.
This is pretty much where Cole was half the time. Putting his chain on his motorcycle. He loves riding his "cycle ride". (that's what he use to call it when he was little)
Cook out! Yum! Mom and Dad came up with Todd and Amy family, Sherie and Jim family and Al and Spenc family. Loved getting together with all of them. Amy holding Z
Lady doing a dance for us?
Spenc
Meryn, Amy, Z, ....
The children loved seeing the deer. We (the kids and I) only saw does. But.. Bryce and Cole saw their buck and shot it. It is always so lovely to go to Monticello. I love the mountains, I love the memories it brings back to me, I loved seeing my grandma. : / It has been hard to go back since she has passed in 2010. I love the cute grocery store. I love seeing Bryce's parents...Todd and Amy, Sherie and Jim, Allyson and Spenc. Monticello is where I was born...I lived there for 8 years. I have fond memories of this place. There is a sacredness there. Maybe it is because my ancestors are from here. Anyway...the BOW HUNT was a success this year! yay! I didn't get sick either!! :)



1 comment:
It's awesome you have such a special place to retreat to! I will always remember going there with you that one deer hunting season and we watched Scream in your in-laws basement and got so freaked out! Good times Nyc!
Post a Comment