Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Putting up the Christmas tree....

 After Thanksgiving we always  put up our Christmas tree. We got the tree up but did not decorate it until  2 weeks later. We waited for Bryce to decorate it with us. I didn't want to decorate it without my Booa.(even though he told me too). I love this time of year. I love getting out the Christmas ornaments...We have a tradition that we will get a ornament to all the places where we travel. It is so fun to remember the places we have been. When I was a little girl my grandma Lyman gave me a ornament every year. I have tried to keep all of them. I only have a few though...they are the most sacred ones to me...along with our travels. My mother has carried on this tradition with all her grandchildren. It is so fun to reminisce the ones that she already gave and exciting to see the ones she is giving that year. The  ornaments were from Germany. (My brother Cameron is living there) They are beautiful and delicate. Made all out of wood.

 the children putting up their ornaments....
 Ashton loving his ornament
 We had the Christmas trees lights on all day and night for the month of December! Thank goodness they were LED! That's when  Cole made the couch his permanent bed too! We would sit by the fire with the lights dim and talk. I loved nights like these!
 Now we are just waiting for some snow!
And a tree for each of the children's room. I found these tree's for a great deal!! And the ornaments were only $3. Wahoo! I love sales! :)    *lady with her doll ( Emily)

No comments: