Saturday, August 28, 2010

Maxine Smiles


I have decided to share on my blog something quite personal to me. This is my way of keeping a journal.blogging. I knew my grandmother was dying. My father called me and told me that he was on his way to Monticello. He was driving from Sacramento, Ca. He drove 13 1/2 hrs straight with stopping twice to get gas. He wanted to make sure he was there for her. All of his siblings were on their way or with her.( My grandma raised 6 children alone. My grandfather died when my father was 1yr.old. so...she had 6 with the ages of 8-1 yrs. She was a school teacher to top that off!) I went to the temple the next day and thought of her quite a bit. I got home and wrote this poem about her. July 9. 2010 around 11am. I was extremely glad that my father got to say his good byes before she left us.


Maxine Smiles

Maxine smiles her laughter echo's in the wind.
She's happy to know where she has been. Her beautiful soul can move on...to another existence she must carry on.
She fulfilled her purpose in this earthly life. She raised six beautiful children with much love and strife.
She moved gracefully with the work she was called to do. She was constantly on her knee's asking the Lord to help carry her through. Her heart was big with much love and care...more than other's would dare.
Our beautiful grandmother you may not know how deep you are rooted in our souls. You have shown us by example and love. We know that you will be watching us from above.
We pray that we can meet again. Our beautiful grandmother, mother, daughter, sister and friend. We love Emma Maxine. We will see you in the end.



I did not know that she passed away on this very day. I usually do not write...anything. Nor do I share. But I decided to, I did dare.

6 comments:

Weiss Family said...

That is beautiful Nyc. I am so sorry for your loss

Ellen said...

Nyc,

I loved that poem. It was very well written. Thanks for sharing it.

Love ya!!!

Patti said...

I am at a loss for words,so I will just say very well written,and am very proud of you.

Nicole Hernandez said...

Beautiful and a wonderful tribute to your grandma. I know how hard it is to lose a grandma. I still miss my grandma very much.Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Thank you! :)

Natasha said...

Nyc that was amazing thank you so much for sharing something so personal she truly was an amazing women who touched so many souls more that she knew