Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Our Babies are 4!!



















With every pregnancy I have known with some weird six sense what the sex of the baby was. I could not figure it out with these two. I kept having the feeling it was a boy, no a girl, etc. It kept playing on my mind. Until we had our ultra sound. I was already nervous going in...Meryn was 4 month's sitting on Bryce's lap. Enough said! Dr. Tanner came in and started the procedure. He told us we we're having a girl. Hmm, what's new? I already knew that. But, then he also told us we we're going to have a boy. There were 4 legs moving around!! I told the doctor to shut up about 5 times. I looked over at Bryce bouncing our little Meryn on his leg. I started to freak out and cry. I know that I might have seem entirely ungrateful but, I felt like this was crazy AND impossible! NO history of twins! Bryce and I were to go get lunch after. We did but, our appetite was lost! I can remember some of our loved ones reaction. First of all my mother laughed at me! Our friends wanted to go to dinner to celebrate. Everyone was excited but Bryce and I. I felt SO ungrateful! I felt like Heavenly Father had a sense of humor! :) And was laughing at this one! I guess I didn't want that many children because I wanted to make sure I was emotionally there for them! And having a big family I thought a child would get lost along the way. I had the hardest time trying to figure out their names! It took me 10 months after they were born! I know I seem a bit crazy...maybe I am. We have found the perfect names that fit our little souls. They are 4 today! Bryce we did it!! They have one year left in preschool and that will be the saddest day of my life when they start kindergarten. I love having them around! It has been a blessing. I have found all things ARE possible with GOD. Even though I didn't think I could do it....

4 comments:

Hallers said...

Happy Birthday to your babies...Ashton and Azure! Love the pictures and all of you!

Patti said...

I started to cry reading your post. I remember the day you told us,and I do remember my reaction was to laugh so hard,because you and mandi out of the girls were the ones who never wanted a bunch of children!! but what a blessing and joy they are and have been!! and you are right in God all things are possible,and look you have made it to 4,I remember the day they were born and when you brought them home,crazy times. but now look you two are doing a great job with your little family,and I am proud of both of you.I sure do love you Ashton and Azure,hope you had a great birthday,was sad I was not able to be there for it.

Natasha said...

Such cuties I love them so much they make me laugh. I remember you telling me as well and I didn't believe you well here you are 4 yrs later with 5 beautiful children your such a great mommy and example to me I love ya babe

Ellen said...

I to remember when you told me that you were pregnant before you found out you were having twins. I told you well this is how it is going to be since my two oldest were 11 months apart. Then when you told me that you were having twins I didn't believe you and started laughing. Mom and Dad told me yes she is. I told you well I'm sorry I can't help you there as I only had one baby not two.

They are such cute kids!! I totally love how they talk and interact with each other.

Thank you for being an example to me and to my children.

Love ya lots!!!