Thursday, August 18, 2011

Summer Days in Monticello

 
 This is the kids at my grandma Lyman's burial site. It was almost a year ago when she died. This was the first time back after we buried her. When we came down the hill into Monticello I felt an absence. My grandma was no longer here. It was a sad feeling. I hated it to  tell you the truth! When we went to her grave in Blanding. I wept. I wept hard. It was the saddest thing ever! I tried to compose myself in front of our little family. But, it wasn't going to happen. She was a beautiful example of love, acceptance, virtuous, charitable, selfless, and much more. I got in the car &  looked in the mirror to see what I looked like...a mess. But, I had the thought...I got her blue eyes and though I did NOT want our children to have my blue eyes ( i wanted brown like Bryce's) I was grateful that day they have my blue. Okay, this is deep stuff....it's my journal. bare with me please

           Monticello 24th parade! Yeah! What a great place to celebrate!
 This is our nephew Clayton. There team WON state champs! Great job Clayton! Well, deserved to ride the fire truck! That's awesome. I wish I can still go on too. Still at the age of 35!
 Proud to say my father in law restored the BIG 4! WoW! Doesn't it look awesome! Little do people know while looking at this finished beauty...behind the scene's was blood, sweat and tears & more tears. :)
Nothing like a small town and knowing the right people to be able to ride in the parade! That's right! Our Cole is driving this tractor. I don't dare say what type it is...because I can be wrong. Coolest thing ever!
Our CREW! These people are the very best in the county! Including you Bev!  I love you and your hubby a ton! 
                        Oh, man we are waiting for all that candy!


Our nephew Drew. Such a sweet kid  and handsome too!
I could not get a good picture of the fireworks. This will do.
I love this picture of Todd. I guess I was enjoying the moment that night. We all were sitting  on the grass waiting for the fireworks. I told him he looked young..his reply was " I am". haha. Perfect reply Todd! You are! :)

No comments: