Saturday, September 20, 2008

New Orleans, LA

My love and I in New Orleans. It was quite quaint in the French quarter. We had a lot of fun! We enjoyed the history and the time together.
I like how narrow the streets are here in the French Quarter. It is so old. I loved how old it was. It was really pretty and unique. This was probably my favorite part of New Orleans. Do not mistake Bourbon St. in the French Quarter... It is truly Satan's hole!!!

The streets of New Orleans....... The oldest pub in America... in the French quarter.

Horse carriage ride.
So, I had the clerk at the Hilton store take a picture of me. I had to capture the New Orlean's scene.
Yes, it is me again.
New Orleans cemetery....
New Orleans is famous for their cemetery's. It is really cool to see... It remind's me of Euopre... like I have been but this is what I would image it to be.
New Orleans is very green. I loved the trees how they draped the streets. It is also SO noisy at night you can hear the humming of the bug's. It is so loud. I don't understand how anyone could live with that! Iguess a price to pay for living in a swamp.

Bryce & I at the Elm's mansion.
This home was apart of the Katrina tour. It was 3 hours. The time went by fast. It was really interesting. If you look close above the front door you will see spray paint from the National guard... saying who their rank was and how many casualties there were. Home's were flooded up to the attic. When you toured this city you could see what a swamp it really is. It really got attacked. Lots of business refuse to rebuild after the HUGE flood. I don't blame them.
This is St. Louis Catherdal. It is the oldest active Roman Catholic catheral in the U.S. It was built in 1724. It is a beautiful building. We really enjoyed New Orlean's.
Bryce on the River walk.
This girl was apart of a parade that they have once a day down by the "French Quarter". Just giving you a taste of the place!
New Orlean's is a crazy place. There was music like this all over. Where ever we were there was always something playing in the back ground.
New Orleans from the Mississippi river.
Cute little tug boat on the river.
The" Orange Bronze dude".
We just got off the "Natchez Steamboat" on the Mississippi river and here is one of the side attraction's. He looked like my cousin "Chip". I look as Orange as he does!
We got a "special invitation" to the aquarium. It was closed to the public. It was only open for our group. (Bryce had some business here). It was pretty fun.

5 comments:

Nicole Hernandez said...

Hey Nyc! I saw Amanda and your mom at the temple yesterday and they told me about your blog! I would love to go to New Orleans-never been. So it was fun to see your pics. Now we can keep in touch! Your kids are cute. I went to lunch with Julie and Tiffany the other day-wish you were here.
Nicole

Tricia said...

looks like you had a fun time. I would like to travel sometime one of these days.

Tenae said...

Nycole...you are so pretty!

Patti said...

I was wondering when you were going to post your New Orleans pictures, glad you could go and have a good time.

Natasha said...

looks like lots of fun glad you guys were able to get away